Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Trusting God

For me, going to Kenya is all about Trusting God.
It was that still small voice a year ago. I was going through a health crisis… I was a total mess…yet I heard the call. Because I had been to Kenya before, I knew what God was asking me to do. It was obvious I was in no shape to be going, yet all I wanted was to do whatever God wanted me to. I believed He would supply what I needed to do it.
Two months later, I applied to serve with God at the Beacon of Hope.
Months went by and the team had still not been picked. In fact, I found out that one of the goals for this trip was to take all new team members. I waited… I believed that if God wanted me to go, that I could trust that I would be going. But doubt crept in. Eight months after receiving the call, I was accepted to be on the team. This was an exciting confirmation to me that God can be trusted to do what He intended.
It came time to raise prayer and financial support. I believed God could be trusted to meet our financial needs because He had done this before. But now? In these economic times? This felt like it was a lot of support to raise. I said out loud what I knew to be true, but inside I was wondering if it would happen.
It was feast and famine, but in three months ALL of the needed support came in. It was exciting to see How God supplied the finances and the prayer. He provided me with renewed health- I haven’t been in this good of shape for years! He even supplied two wonderful gentlemen to stay at our home and take care of our dogs. There was not doubt about it; God was confirming to me that He does not ask you to do something without providing you with everything you need to do it.
So when the teams return flights were canceled two weeks before we were to leave for Kenya, it was not hard for me to believe that He would take care of it. He provided better return flights than we had to begin with. I was thanking God that He was confirming to me that He can be trusted.
Three days before we were to leave I was stunned. Our furnace fan stopped working, a malfunction indicator light went on in the car, my crown came off and I chewed it up, our dog came down with an ear infection, I lost my daughters newly refilled and very expensive medication, etc…Yes, I was stunned. As we were trying to take care of these things yesterday, I realized- this was a BIG opportunity to Trust God. There must be even bigger things to Trust God for in Kenya, at home and in the years to come. Thank you God that you can be trusted. Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment